Happy weekend! I’m thrilled to have a whole Saturday to myself…time to hole up in the coffee shop where there are constant hot cyclist sightings, meet my blogging friend Eileen in person for the first time with our awesome mutual friend Beth, and do some fun datey things.
In the meantime, i’s been awhile since I shared my favorite reads. I’ve been working late a couple nights a week and recently took a whirlwind trip to Ohio (where I ate all of these cakes, and they were amazing). I’ve spent the past few days catching up and have found some quirky, interesting, and insightful nuggets of internet gold to share.
- Conspicuous Frugality: Is Cheap the New Cool? Boom! Vindicated.
- American Girls Aren’t Radical Anymore A sad but true note on my favorite childhood dolls.
- How Game of Thrones Can Make You a Better Cook I don’t always get the gamer references on Nerd Fitness, but Game of Thrones + cooking? Sign me up!
- On Dating Good Guys Real people are imperfect. Embrace it.
- On Scales, Progress + Learning to Listen Oof. I’m here right now too.
- 17 Ways to Be Proud of Yourself in a Year
- Surround Yourself with Awesome Yes! “Positive energy is contagious.”
- How to Stay Smart Um, yes. Let’s all nerd out together please!
- The Shadow of Giving It Your All
“Giving our all has been glorified to a point of pathology and we’ve got a culture of busy, stressed, overworked and run down people. I wonder if some of the solutions we’re looking for, the deeper service we want to provide may be found in kinder, more sustainable and connected ways of loving and giving to one other. With more emphasis on what’s already here that we can draw on, rather than what we need to generate and strive towards.”
And of course, I have a recipe for you too. TRIPLE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES from PaleOMG! I’ve had a chocolate craving practically nonstop for three weeks (and yeah, I’ve indulged it…did you see those cakes up top?) so these yummy little bites seem like they’d hit the spot.
And on the note of delicious chocolate…hope your weekend is full of fun and friends!