Saturday morning cartoons as a kid have given way to Saturday morning blogs (and sometimes Youtube videos of puppies). I love reading the link-ups from my favorite blogs, so this week I’m sharing some of the best things I’ve read this week.
* How great is it when someone does something nice for you out of the blue? Make someone else’s day in the nine days leading up to Valentine’s Day by joining the #9daysofnice from Yes and Yes.
* Could one of your nice things be making brunch for me? If so, my Whole30 ends on Saturday and I would love a pitcher of these blackberry citrus mimosas from Green Door Hospitality. Thanks, you’re a peach!
* No surprise here, but a new study reveals food ads targeting parents focus on convenience foods at the expense of nutrition.
* Almost everyone I know struggles with stress. For every task we complete, ten seem to loom in the future waiting to be accomplished. Sometimes this future orientation keeps us from acknowledging the great things we’ve already achieved. Now that January is over, take a moment to celebrate your accomplishments last month.
* Speaking of stress, my new blogging friend Eileen recommended trying morning yoga as a way to center myself before beginning the day. This link features videos for a 21-day yoga challenge. There’s an advanced version too for any yogis out there!
* Assumptions can be infuriating. Jes of The Militant Baker wrote a post called “So You Wanna Put Me in a Box?” awhile ago and it remains fantastic. My favorite part:
The F—ing Awesome Box: I just am. I will put myself in this box day after day. And if I don’t feel like I belong in this box for some reason, I will force myself to sit in it until I believe that I do.
I love the idea of creating a mental space called the FAB (great acronym) for days when something or someone gets you down. My FAB comes equipped with a tiara and dark chocolate almond butter cups. You can come if you want.
Have you read, watched, or listened to anything particularly awesome this week? I love discovering new blogs and reading fascinating articles, so please share in the comments!